warning: my home computer actually broke for real (sob!), so my posts aren’t going to have pictures for a while. lo siento! anywhoo, on to the important lessons i learned this fourth of july weekend.
– moving? not that bad. i guess it helps when you have an army of fit boys helping you.
– getting stuck in the back of a uhaul, wedged between furniture, requires skill, patience and flexibility.
– when you don’t eat for 7 hours and are doing a lot of heavy lifting, you get irritable.
– driving a uhaul rules.
– drinking eases the pain.
– being too hungover to unpack isn’t that fun. especially when you can’t find your underwear.
– iced coffee is god’s gift to the world. as is having an amazing independent coffee shop 1 block from your new digs.
– sunshine does a body good. so does over chlorinated pool water.
– boys are sometimes disgusting.
– when you drink a lot of beer, you aren’t hungry for fourth of july barbeque, which is a darn shame.
– when you listen to explosions of the sky while watching fireworks burst over the washington monument from your friends roof, you are not only hilarious for your symbolism, but also very happy.
– when you eat a ton of grapes on the fourth of july but no hamburger or hot dog, you are probably dehydrated. or just weird.
– when the first thing you crave when you wake up in the morning is a blue powerade zero, you probably need to take it easy for the rest of the day.
– whole foods carrot cake is really good.
– wearing the same shorts 3 days in a row in 90* weather makes you a gross person.
– reading magazines on a pile of furniture is a really great way to relax.
– it’s not fun to look like a homeless person when you’re not one, but sometimes necessary.
– sleep is god’s second greatest gift to the world (see: iced coffee).
– going to work after a wonderful three day weekend sucks. there, i said it.
– 4am dance parties will never get old. unless i get old. but i’ve worked out a plan, that’s not going to happen.
– when the man at the liquor store gives you a “proud to be an american” bumper sticker on the fourth of july in the nation’s capital, you just have to laugh but secretly feel really awesome and wish you had a car to put it on. well not really, but i liked it a lot.
– i want to make out with the weekend.
there you have all of the things i learned this weekend. as you can see, it was a weekend of [ridiculous] growth.
what did YOU learn this long weekend?