before i delve into this post, i’d like to address a few things happening in my life today, may 5th:
– i accidentally look like a work slut. i didn’t realize my dress was so short! gah.
– i went to the gym this morning with my breakfast tupperwares in my bag. guess who now has eggbeaters on her bra? moi.
it’s gonna be a doozy, people. just can’t wait for my cinco de mayo margarita.
– and now, back to the regularly scheduled programming –
whelp, it’s the beginning of may, so i guess that it’s time to review my april. the beginning of april was important, as it marked a huge “bye bye!” to my winter blues. for a while there i was still shaking them off, but i’ve made huge progress and may has now been dubbed the month of transformation.
so, without further delay…
1) i wanted to spend money on meaningful things, rather than just stupid stuff. how did i do?
i’m not going to pretend i didn’t buy superfluous items, but i did buy things that i needed/use, such as a running hat, an ipod arm band, socks, a new sportsbra and a really nice pair of black wedge sandals. check!
2) i wanted to shed the obligation with fitness.
3) i wanted to be more self confident – so much easier said than done.
i definitely still struggle with this one, but am feeling better since eating better and working out. i have been extremely social and spontaneous, which again, is a huge improvement from the winter when i barely saw anyone and my best friends were the couch and a pint of ice cream. no, seriously. all in all, this is something i’m working toward everyday, and a huge hurdle for me. check!
4) i wanted to be active in all facets of my life.
this is a big one for me. i love me some tv, but have really been playing sports, reading and being outside. tv is barely on during the weekends anymore! a huge check for this one – and it’s going to stay that way. yay.
looking back on it, while i still have a lot of growing to do, april was pretty productive (quite surprising, actually).
DUN DUN DUN………. time for may goals.
i actually don’t have any. i really just want to keep on keepin’ on, continuing on my path to a better mind and a better body. it all starts there for me. that was surprisingly refreshing to write.
i don’t have any may goals.
i just want to be me.
a happy me.
well, that’s a first.
wait! i lied. yesterday i did an HIIT routine on the treadmill and died. died dead died. i had to hold on almost the entire time! i want my running skills back. and i want to up my cardio routines. there! i said it, my may goals.